With continuous coronavirus (COVID-19) updates taking over the media we can completely understand the uncertainty and fear surrounding your upcoming travel plans. Here at Pioneer the safety of our clients remains our top priority and we are continuing to monitor the situation as it progresses. That said Pioneer director Laurenne has just returned from an adventure in Thailand and we have many clients travelling internationally without being aversely affected and we feel it is essential we remain positive and prepared about travel.
The details below explain how we are dealing with this situation in terms of travel advice and your bookings. If you require assistance with new or existing bookings, amendments or have any questions, we are here to help through this challenging period.
The Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO) are constantly updating and reviewing their content to ensure they provide the correct facts and advice for UK travellers. As a tour operator we are closely monitoring this to ensure we provide the best advice to our clients. Unless the FCO advises against all travel to a certain destination it is the travelers responsibility to decide how they respond to the risks.
What happens if the FCO advises against all travel or all but essential travel to a destination?
If your trip is “Imminent” (within the next 4 weeks) you have a number of options that can be discussed.
- Defer your departure date – We can postpone your trip for a period of time to see if the advice changes.
- Offer an alternative destination – We can offer you a different destination of travel and depending on the cost of the new destination you may be required to pay additional costs or pay less.
- Full refund – If you decide you do not want to go ahead with either of those options you are entitled to a full refund that will be made within 14 days of cancellation.
What happens if you decide to cancel despite the FCO not advising against it?
For ALL existing bookings for travel until 31st August 2020 we are offering the following relaxed booking conditions if you choose to delay your trip with at least 17 days notice:-
- We will need your new tentative travel dates so we can modify the dates with minimal penalties.
- We will not charge you for any changes and we will work closely with our subcontractors to minimise any of their charges
- Please note, domestic and international flights costs may not be refundable
- If you want to CANCEL your Trip our Normal cancellation conditions sent with your final agreement of services will continue to apply.
For ALL new bookings received until 31st May 2020 (this may be extended) we are offering the following temporary booking conditions:-
- If you choose to delay your trip, please give us 18 days notice, we will amend to your new travel dates with minimal penalties. At time of booking we will be able to advise you of any penalties (if applicable) when booking.
- At this time we will not charge you for any changes and we will work closely with our subcontractors to minimise any of their charges. If the new fare for the new dates are of lesser value, we can offer you a partial refund. If the new dates have a higher cost, the client will have to pay the fare difference.
- We will recommend purchasing flexible domestic and international flights to allow for lower cost changes.
What happens if you end up in quarantine whilst on holiday and miss your flight?
In the type of holiday we offer, this is unlikely to be the case, however in this situation we can assist you in arranging your new flights, however, we are not liable for any refunds or replacement flights as this lies with your travel insurance.
Here are some links that you may find helpful: